What is the mission of our 12 Oaks Kids Ministry?
We work alongside parents to lead kids to receive Jesus as their Savior and Lord and to help them love and follow Him.
How is this mission accomplished?
- Sunday School. This is a great time for children to experience community with other kids as they study the Bible together to both hear the gospel and grow as young disciples!
- Kids Church. During both of our Sunday morning services, we provide a service for children in grades PreK-5th, where we deliver kid sermons and lessons from the Bible. We also have fun games and activities that reinforce the message for that day. The gospel is always being proclaimed!
- Family Sunday. During the 1st Sunday of every month, while preschoolers still go to kids church, children in kindergarten through 5th grade will stay in the service with their families to worship together. They will also receive a “sermon notes” template in the bulletin. If they take notes during the sermon, the kids can come forward at the end of the service for a reward!
- AWANA. On Wednesday nights children play fun activities, memorize Bible verses, earn “AWANA money” which they can use to buy gifts at the AWANA store and earn patches for their vests that they get to wear!
- Sunday Nights. During the evening service, the children are invited on stage for a kids message in preparation for the message delivered by the pastor!
- Other Kids Events. We also have other events during the year which creates a fun community with each other as we present the gospel to the kids!
Other Events During the Year…
- Parents Date Night. As a way to bless parents and kids, we provide FREE child care for children from birth up to 5th grade so you and your spouse can go on a date. As you go out, we feed your kids, play games, crafts and have a Bible study! Its fun for everyone! We have trusted and responsible people taking care of your children.
- Easter Egg Hunt. This is a fun time to hunt eggs, gets loads of candy and hear more about how Jesus died and rose from the dead!
- Vacation Bible School. Get ready for this years VBS! Kids have a blast and won’t want to miss it! There will be crafts, games, great food, faithful Bible teaching, a lot of laughing and a lot of slime and mess! To register your child to attend, please click here. To volunteer to serve, please click here.
- Vertical Jump Park Night. You get to have a FREE 30 minute jump at Vertical Jump park! You just have to sign up and come!
- Kids Camp. For those going into 3rd grade through those going into 6th, kids get to have an unforgettable experience at camp!
Please register your child by clicking here.
- Fall Festival. We will have bounce houses, FREE popcorn, candy, food and drinks! We also will have some amazing giveaways!
- Fall Kids Event. We’ll being hanging out by the fire roasting marshmallows and making s’mores! kids and their families are invited!
- Christmas Party. All the kids will get together as we celebrate Jesus and have a lot of snacks and lots of fun!
How to Get Connected:
Contact our student pastor, bro Nick Dixon by emailing him at firstname.lastname@example.org
Also get text or email notifications by texting 12oaks to 84576 and select “Kids Ministry.”
Follow us on Facebook at Twelve Oaks Baptist Kids.