What to expect in our Children’s Ministry?
You will find God-loving teachers and volunteers committed to serving kids and their families. You will also find that it is a fun environment where our kids hunger to know God.
What is the mission of our 12 Oaks Kids Ministry?
As we work alongside parents, we seek to:
- First, lead kids to receive Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord
- Second, lead kids to faithfully love and follow Christ
- Third, lead kids by equipping them to share and defend their faith
How is this mission accomplished?
We believe that God’s Word never returns empty. This means that we prioritize faithfully teaching the Word of God to every child and we trust that God will use it to transform lives by the power of the gospel. With that in mind, here are a few specific ways we seek to accomplish this:
- Sunday School. This is a great time for children to experience community with other kids as they study the Bible together to both hear the gospel and grow as young disciples.
- Kids Church. During both of our Sunday morning services, we provide a service for children where we deliver kids sermons and lessons that take every kid verse by verse through books of the Bible. We also employ games and activities that reinforce the message for that day. The gospel is always proclaimed and kids have opportunities to respond and speak with an adult leader.
- 252 Basics. On Wednesday nights we provide this program where each month we study a different theme. We have a large group session and then break off into small groups and alternate between games and Bible study. This provides kids with a fun time of fellowship as we teach them the Bible and how to apply it to their lives.
- Sunday Nights. During the main service, the children are invited on stage for a kids devotional in preparation for the message delivered by the pastor. Kids and families are encouraged to come to Sunday night services. However, at different times during the year, we have discipleship classes for the kids on Sunday nights where the kids learn how to share and defend their faith.
How do parents fit into our Kids Ministry?
- First, by intentionally being the primary disciple makers in the home. We do not believe that the ministers or volunteers here are the primary spiritual influence in your children’s lives. We believe you are. We want to come alongside you and assist you in leading your kids to Christ. We also want to equip you with resources to lead your kids to grow as followers of Jesus.
- Second, by taking the lead and encouraging your kids to attend kids ministry events and programs. By so doing kids will have more opportunities to hear the gospel and grow as a disciples.
How can kids get involved?
Other than our weekly gatherings, we have planned some other events throughout the year that will help us accomplish our mission for the kids ministry:
- January- 252 starts back up
- February- Parents Night Out
- March- Easter Egg Hunt
- April- No events scheduled
- May- No events scheduled
- June- VBS
- July- Kids Camp
- August- Skate Night
- September- No events scheduled
- October- Fall Festival
- November- Operation Christmas Child
- December- Christmas Caroling
How to get connected?
- Sign up to get weekly emails by sending an email to email@example.com and request to be on the weekly email.
- Also get on the Remind App by texting @12oak to 81010.
- Follow us on Facebook at Twelve Oaks Baptist Kids.