Twelve Oaks Baptist church is searching for a new minister/director of music to take us to the next level. We are a healthy and growing Southern Baptist Church in beautiful West Kentucky, near Land Between the Lakes. Our church is a wonderful blend of traditional and contemporary and are proud to say that we have a membership of all ages and different kinds of people, yet we are one in Christ. Twelve Oaks is located in a fast growing part of our city. In the past few years we have watched God grow our church spiritually and in unity. If you are looking for a place to serve where you can grow in your faith and serve God and His people, we welcome you to apply to this exciting position. We are looking for someone who has a passion for worship, a good work ethic, a desire to see a church grow, and a knowledge of modern worship technology. Love for people and a desire to minister to church members is a must. Job responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
Responsibilities will include:
1. Collaborate with the pastor in setting the direction of the services and ensuring that the service is a vital and effective part of the overall ministry of worship at Twelve Oaks Baptist church.
2. Plan all artistic elements of the worship services including music that is Christ centered and Christ exalting, videos, countdowns, prayers, readings, special music, dramas, etc.
3. Oversee an adult choir through recruitment, rehearsals, musical training, and spiritual nurture.
4. Lead the worship service each Sunday by leading the band, the vocalists, and congregation.
5. Lead congregational singing on Wednesday and Sunday nights as needed.
6. Create the worship order for the worship team and all central worship team members.
7. Put together the presentation software and projection for the songs and media each week.
8. Lead weekly rehearsals for worship team and choir.
9. Provide for the ordering, copying, and recording of music/song sheets, etc. that are used in the preparation of music for the services.
10. Maintain the music resource library for the storage and cataloging of the worship team and choir’s music.
11. Provide leadership in technical matters pertaining to the audio/video/lighting needs of the services.
12. Enlist, audition, and train all persons involved in the worship services including band members, vocal team members, audio/video technicians, and other volunteers as needed.
13. Organize periodic special music services such as concerts and 5th Sunday night singings.
14. Preparing, presenting, and implementing all budgetary matters related to this ministry.
15. Attend and participate in weekly staff meetings.
16 Cooperate with the Senior pastor by performing others duties when asked to do so.
17. In collaboration with the Student Pastor, help with the children’s ministry by organizing and leading quarterly children’s outings.
18. Assist with pastoral care, hospital visits, and shut-in visits, as well as attending necessary funerals and funeral visitations.
19. Update the website and social media presence of the church.
20. Learn new media skills to apply as needed such as video editing and graphics.
Maintain a healthy, growing spiritual life of prayer, worship, and service. Maintain confidentiality with information concerning membership, committees, staff, and all church members. Maintain the unity of the church by walking in truthfulness and integrity while discouraging and abstaining from gossip and discord. Maintain a healthy balance of life – Spiritual, family, and work. Participate in the life fellowship of the church by attending worship services, Sunday school, and fellowship gatherings. Expectations for this position will be to walk faithfully with Jesus Christ. Be in agreement with the Baptist faith and Message (2000) and be a conservative evangelical Christian. Be willing to take courses to fulfill the job expectations and make personal connections with church members.
Send you resume
If you feel led to apply for this position you can send your resume to 2110 New Holt Rd., Paducah, KY 42001, or click the button below to e-mail your resume.