Our preschool ministry at 12 Oaks Baptist Church is a time where children begin learning basic stories and truths from the Bible.
We will work alongside parents to plant gospel seeds in hope that every child will soon come to know Jesus as Lord and Savior.
What to expect in our Preschool Ministry?
You will find that our preschool ministry is a fun environment with faithful volunteers who love God and love children. Our volunteers want to make an impact on your children to help them begin to understand their need for a Savior.
What is the mission of our 12 Oaks Preschool Ministry?
- Our mission is to work alongside parents to teach children how the Bible points us to Jesus and our need for Him.
How is this mission accomplished?
We believe that all of the Bible is telling one big story- God’s story about His Son. So we seek to teach preschoolers how the Bible always points us to Jesus. We also believe that God’s Word never returns empty, which means that we believe as we teach God’s Word, God will begin working in these little hearts to prepare them for receiving Christ. Here are some ways we seek to accomplish this.
- Sunday School. This is a great time for children to experience fun community with other kids as they study God’s Word together.
- Kids Church. During both of our Sunday morning services, we provide a separate service for preschoolers. During this time, volunteers will teach the Bible to children and play fun activities with them.
- 252 Basics. On Wednesday nights we have this program where we study a different theme every month. The preschoolers get to participate in the opening rally with the K-5 groups and and then break off into their own group for Bible study and games.
- Sunday Nights. During the main service, the children are invited on stage for a kids devotional in preparation for the message delivered by the pastor. Kids and families are encouraged to come to Sunday night services.
How do parents fit into our Kids Ministry?
- First, by intentionally being the primary disciple makers in the home. We do not believe that the ministers or volunteers here are the primary spiritual influence in your children’s lives. We believe you are. We want to come alongside you and assist you in leading your kids to Christ. We also want to equip you with resources to begin leading your kids to grow as followers of Jesus.
- Second, by taking the lead and encouraging your kids to attend kids ministry events and programs. By so doing kids will have more opportunities to hear the gospel and begin growing as a disciples.
How can kids get involved?
Other than our weekly gatherings, we have planned some other events throughout the year that will help us accomplish our mission for the kids ministry:
- January– 252 starts back up
- February– Parents Night Out
- March– Easter Egg Hunt
- April– No events scheduled
- May– No events scheduled
- June– VBS
- July– No events scheduled
- August– Skate Night
- September– No events scheduled
- October– Fall Festival
- November– Operation Christmas Child
- December– Christmas Caroling
How to get connected?
- Sign up to get weekly emails by sending an email to email@example.com and request to be on the weekly email.
- Also get on the Remind App by texting @12oak to 81010
- Follow us on Facebook at Twelve Oaks Baptist Kids.